Founded in 1994, Scott Simpson Builders has been blessed to work in one of the most beautiful regions in the country — Chicagos North Shore.
Our first addition project on Lincoln Street in Evanston.
Since our humble beginnings weve managed and completed more than 80 projects of all shapes and sizes from Evanston to Lake Forest and back again. Driving around the beautiful communities north of Chicago, we feel great satisfaction when we see families making the structures weve helped create into their homes.
Since our first addition project on Lincoln Street in Evanston weve developed a strong and solid team, expanded the scope of our work to include major renovations and new construction, and built a carpentry shop. We take time to learn about new, innovative building techniques — those that will help the homes we build, the client's budget, and our environment. We challenge ourselves daily to make choices that positively impact our work life, family life, the lives of our customers.
Our projects have introduced us to many talented architects and wonderful customers. Weve suffered growing pains over the years, but know that each bump and bruise has made us smarter and more valuable to the future customer. The greatest reward has been the friendships that weve made within the company and with the architects, subcontractors, and customers with whom weve built.
- 1994 — SSB starts first project: SSB on Lincoln Street in Evanston, which leads to 6 more projects just on that street
- 1997 — Receive first Preservation Award
- 1998 — Expand into new construction work
- 1999 — Scott runs his first marathon
- 2000 — Build SSB shop space on Techny Ave.
- 2003 — Begin development work
- 2004 — Build custom playhouse for the Infant Welfare Playhouse Project
- 2005 — Employee Brian Hodel returns to SSB after serving in Afganistan and Iraq
- 2006 — Website is born
- 2006 — Receive Glencoe Historical Preservation Awards for our work at 570 Longwood and 660 Stonegate Terrace
- 2006 — Commit ourselves to using eco-friendly building practices whenever possible
- 2006 — Bryan Hodel promoted from Lead Carpenter to Office Manager
- 2007 — Tom Kenny promoted from Project Supervisor to Partner of Scott Simpson Builders, Inc.
2008 — Kathleen Henrikson joins our team
— Begin the SSB Maintenance Group— First “green” project built and going for L.E.E.D.S. Certification
2009 — Strong year for SSB despite economical, physical, and emotional challenges for the company
— Wish Book introduced
2010 — SSB buys small house in Northbrook and converts it to commercial space making it the new SSB Headquarters
— Bryan and wife Lauren have their first child— Website is redesigned
2011 — Winner of Glencoe Preservation Award for 370 Washington Ave.
— 370 Washington Ave. Residence earns LEED Platinum Certification from US Green Building Council
- 2012 — LEED for Homes Gold Award for 1100 Normandy, Glenview